Root Beer Cream Sundae Pops
- 6 popsicle molds and popsicle sticks
- Mix 2 ounces of heavy cream, Cookies and Cream Keto Chow, and 10 ounces of water in a shaker cup or large measuring cup with a pour spout.
- In a separate shaker cup or measuring cup repeat with the remaining 2 ounces of heavy cream, Root Beer Keto Chow, and 10 ounces of water.
- Starting with the prepared Cookies and Cream Keto Chow fill the popsicle molds one-third full. There may be Keto Chow left over, you can drink it while you wait for your popsicles to freeze.
- Place the molds in the freezer to set for about 30 minutes. Don’t put the popsicle sticks in the molds yet.
- After 30 minutes, remove the popsicle molds from the freezer and check to see if the Keto Chow is partially frozen. It should be solid enough to support another layer without mixing. If it isn’t set, return it to the freezer until it is.
- When the first layer of Keto Chow is set enough, pour the prepared Root Beer Keto Chow in to fill the molds another third of the way. Then return to the freezer to set again.
- Mix the two teaspoons of cocoa powder, and the cherry flavoring if using it, into the remaining Root Beer Keto Chow.
- When the second layer has set, use the cocoa flavored Keto Chow to fill the remaining third of the molds. You should have three distinct layers from lightest to darkest.
- Finally, add the popsicle sticks. Gently pressing them into all three layers. If the bottom is too frozen you can use a knife, to carefully make a space for the stick.
- Return to the freezer and freeze until set—at least four hours or overnight for best results.
- When you are ready to serve the popsicles, remove them from the freezer and run the outside of the mold under hot water momentarily to loosen the popsicle before removing.
Root Beer Float Chews
- Add all ingredients into a sauce pan on medium heat. Continuously whisk for 15 minutes.
- The mixture should begin to boil at 8-10 minutes and will start to thicken.
- When it’s ready it should be thick and shiny and pull away from the pan.
- Add to a bread pan that has been lined with parchment paper or your favorite silicone molds. Put in the freezer for at least an hour. Pull parchment out of the pan and cut into squares.
- You can store chews in the freezer or fridge once set. These are soft enough to eat right from the freezer.
Photos by Sarah DeYoung Photography
3 COMPANIES, 3 PRIZE PACKAGE, 3 DAYS and 3 WINNERS!!
Giveaway has already started and ends on 1/16/20 at 11:59pm MST.
Winners will be selected at random through the 3rd party app Gleam following the close of the contest. Winners will be contacted directly and prize package shipped by Keto Chow out of Utah. Winners may be posted on any or all of the participating company social media pages the week of Jan. 20, 2020.
[Fine Print: No Purchase Necessary. The number of eligible entries received will determine the odds of winning. This contest in no way is sponsored by Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Another winner will be selected if the prize packages are forfeited or unclaimed. Keto Chow has the right to obtain and publicize the winner’s names and likeness. Void where prohibited by law. Winners will be notified via email and given 24 hours to reply to the email to claim their prize. If a reply is not received within the time period then a new winner will be selected.]
If you have problems with entries check out
Root Beer Pecan Pralines
- Candy Thermometer (optional)
- Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with lightly oiled tin foil
- Put the butter and granulated sweetener in a small, non-stick skillet or saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir gently until the butter and the sweetener melt. At first the butter and sweetener will separate but as they continue to cook they will begin to come together.
- As it continues to cook you will see many tiny bubbles breaking the surface the color will lighten and it will have an almost foamy look. You are essentially making a caramel.
- Let it cook for about ten minutes. It should look lighter in color and thicker. If you have a candy thermometer, you want it to reach a temperature of about 240 degrees.
- When it is ready, remove pan from heat and carefully stir in the heavy cream a little at a time, and then the vanilla extract. Be careful! It may bubble up a lot when you add the liquid and it is very hot.
- Bring it back to a boil and cook it for another two-three minutes until it looks thick again. Then remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for a minute.
- When it has cooled, whisk in the Root Beer Float Keto Chow. It should pull together and start to look velvety and glossy as you stir the Keto Chow in.
- Then stir in the pecans and sea salt, being sure to mix them well so they are evenly distributed.
- Now working quickly, use two spoons to scoop and drop 14 rounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. They should look somewhat like cookie dough before baking.
- Chill in a cool, dry place until firm, about one hour. They set up best if they can set slowly so don’t put them in the fridge or freezer if you can avoid it.
- Once they are set, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for two months. If you store them in the freezer, allow them to return to room temperature before enjoying them.
Photos by Sarah DeYoung Photography