Bird of Paradise Cake
This cake is inspired by the classic Hummingbird Cake. Since it has delicious flavor of bananas and pineapple without the sugar, I'm calling it Bird of Paradise Cake. It gets its delicious sunny flavors from Banana Keto Chow, pineapple extract, and shredded coconut.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 cup Banana Keto Chow
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup brown sugar style sweetener
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pineapple extract
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut 2 oz
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped 2 oz
- 1 recipe of the Banana, Pineapple, Sour Cream Icing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the cake pans by greasing them well and lining the bottom of the pans with 9" rounds of parchment paper. Lightly oil the parchment paper, too.
- Toast the coconut and pecans on an ungreased cookie sheet or cake pan in the middle rack of the oven. Stir them occasionally while they toast and remove them from the oven when they smell fragrant and the coconut is beginning to look golden brown. It should take about five to ten minutes. Set them aside to cool while you make the cake.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Banana Keto Chow, almond flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, coconut milk, sweetener, avocado oil, vanilla extract, and pineapple extract. Whisk until fully combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Then gently fold in the coconut and pecans.
- Divide the cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans.
- Spread it and smooth it evenly.
- Place in the middle rack of the preheated oven to bake.
- The cakes are done when they spring back when gently touched in the center and a skewer comes out clean. It should take about 20-25 minutes.
- Set on a rack to cool. When the cakes have cooled for about 10 minutes, gently remove them from the cake pans and carefully remove the parchment paper. Set them on the rack to cool completely.
- When they are cool, frost them with the Banana, Pineapple, Sour Cream Icing.
This cake uses the Banana, Pineapple, Sour Cream Icing.
Bird of Paradise Cake
Amount Per Serving (84 grams)
Calories 338.06 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 10.2g64%
Trans Fat 0.01g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.1g
Monounsaturated Fat 12.14g
Vitamin A 118.9IU2%
Vitamin C 24.12mg29%
Sugar Alcohol 22.71g
Net Carbs 2.66g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Serving: 84grams | Calories: 338.06kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.81g | Protein: 10.61g | Fat: 30.96g | Saturated Fat: 10.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12.14g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 56.35mg | Sodium: 301.43mg | Potassium: 493.95mg | Fiber: 4.44g | Sugar: 1.92g | Vitamin A: 118.9IU | Vitamin C: 24.12mg | Calcium: 201.1mg | Iron: 2.52mg | Sugar Alcohol: 22.71g | Net Carbs: 2.66g