Mocha Hazelnut Cookies
If you really like a kick of coffee and desserts that aren’t too sweet, these cookies are for you. They get their coffee kick from a tablespoon of ground coffee – not instant - which gives the cookies a rich coffee flavor and a slight crunch. The hazelnut flour delivers a lot of texture, and the chocolate decoration adds a nice contrast. Altogether it adds up to a very grown-up cookie with a lot of flavor.
Servings: 18 cookies
- 1 scoop Mocha Keto Chow
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flour or substitute almond flour if hazelnut flour is unavailable
- 1/3 cup granulated erythritol
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar-free milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar-free white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or tin foil.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together Keto Chow, hazelnut flour, erythritol, cocoa powder, ground coffee, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the eggs, butter and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix everything together.
- Use a tablespoon or a 1-ounce ice cream scoop to portion out 9 cookies on each prepared cookie sheet. Gently flatten the cookies with the flats of your fingers. The dough is sticky, so you can also spray a rubber spatula with cooking spray and use that to flatten the cookies.
- Bake the cookies about 12 minutes until the cookies are slightly puffed and firm enough in the center to hold their shape when gently touched.
- Allow cookies to cool completely.
- When the cookies are cool, melt the milk chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave or in a double boiler set over barely simmering water.
- Drizzle the melted milk chocolate over the cookies in a zigzag pattern.
- Melt the white chocolate and drizzle it over the milk chocolate diagonally.
- Allow the chocolate to set before storing the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
If you don’t have a convection oven, make sure to rotate what rack the cookies are on halfway through baking. This nutrition info uses instant coffee.
Mocha Hazelnut Cookies
Amount Per Serving (24 g)
Calories 87.58 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3.26g20%
Trans Fat 0.1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.17g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.97g
Vitamin A 130.18IU3%
Sugar Alcohol 6.43g
Net Carbs 1.16g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Serving: 24g | Calories: 87.58kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.93g | Protein: 2.97g | Fat: 7.38g | Saturated Fat: 3.26g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.17g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.97g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 29.06mg | Sodium: 96.71mg | Potassium: 122.09mg | Fiber: 2.34g | Sugar: 0.26g | Vitamin A: 130.18IU | Calcium: 54.87mg | Iron: 0.52mg | Sugar Alcohol: 6.43g | Net Carbs: 1.16g
Photos by Sarah DeYoung Photography