Root Beer Pecan Pralines
The root beer, caramel and pecans make a wonderfully subtle flavor combination in these classic pralines. Make these for a special occasion or as a luxurious treat for an afternoon cup of coffee or tea.
Servings: 14 1-Ounce Pieces
- Candy Thermometer (optional)
- Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with lightly oiled tin foil
- Put the butter and granulated sweetener in a small, non-stick skillet or saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir gently until the butter and the sweetener melt. At first the butter and sweetener will separate but as they continue to cook they will begin to come together.
- As it continues to cook you will see many tiny bubbles breaking the surface the color will lighten and it will have an almost foamy look. You are essentially making a caramel.
- Let it cook for about ten minutes. It should look lighter in color and thicker. If you have a candy thermometer, you want it to reach a temperature of about 240 degrees.
- When it is ready, remove pan from heat and carefully stir in the heavy cream a little at a time, and then the vanilla extract. Be careful! It may bubble up a lot when you add the liquid and it is very hot.
- Bring it back to a boil and cook it for another two-three minutes until it looks thick again. Then remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for a minute.
- When it has cooled, whisk in the Root Beer Float Keto Chow. It should pull together and start to look velvety and glossy as you stir the Keto Chow in.
- Then stir in the pecans and sea salt, being sure to mix them well so they are evenly distributed.
- Now working quickly, use two spoons to scoop and drop 14 rounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. They should look somewhat like cookie dough before baking.
- Chill in a cool, dry place until firm, about one hour. They set up best if they can set slowly so don’t put them in the fridge or freezer if you can avoid it.
- Once they are set, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for two months. If you store them in the freezer, allow them to return to room temperature before enjoying them.
NOTES: If not using a SMALL saucepan, watch carefully as the caramel will burn quickly, even on medium low heat. It is best to use a small saucepan, small burner, and candy thermometer. Use small spoons to scoop out to get 12-14 pieces.
Root Beer Pecan Pralines
Amount Per Serving (1 serving)
Calories 139.1 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5.6g35%
Trans Fat 0.32g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5.24g
Vitamin A 278.45IU6%
Vitamin C 9.79mg12%
Sugar Alcohol 6.94g
Net Carbs 0.44g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 139.1kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.7g | Protein: 2.8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.24g | Trans Fat: 0.32g | Cholesterol: 23.3mg | Sodium: 90.8mg | Potassium: 118.69mg | Fiber: 1.3g | Sugar: 0.4g | Vitamin A: 278.45IU | Vitamin C: 9.79mg | Calcium: 58.6mg | Iron: 0.32mg | Sugar Alcohol: 6.94g | Net Carbs: 0.44g
Photos by Sarah DeYoung Photography